Keep your Cool with a regular Car Air Conditioning Service !
The Air Conditioner is not always included in a ‘standard’ or log book service, so it can be easily neglected. In saying that, a regular vehicle service should always check for the more obvious faults which may be associated with an Air Conditioning system operating below expectations, such as:
- Drive Belt Tension
- Visible signs of refrigerant oil stains or the compressor, hoses, pipes or fittings.
- Loose or faulty compressor or equipment mounting brackets
- Anything beyond this cursory inspection then requires a full Air Conditioning Service.
- Inspection of drive belts and pulleys
- Check operation of valves and thermostats
- Inspection of hoses and components
- Evacuate system & recover refrigerant (weigh amount and record)
- Add required amount of refrigerant oil
- Charge system with recommended refrigerant type and capacity (if required)
- Condenser temperature check
- Suction line temperature reading
- Leak test system lines and components with an electronic leak detector
- Run vehicle to check air vent temperature and report
Additional or Optional Extra Service Requirements
- Deodorize and sanitize system*
- Cleaning of condenser or radiator fins
- Any additional dismantling of other vehicle components in order to gain access
- Adjustment or replacement of drive belts and pulleys (may require component dismantling)
- Replacement of any valves, hoses, thermostats or other components as may be necessary
- Replacement of receiver drier filter if required
- Any additional or advanced diagnostic testing
* It is strongly recommended to thoroughly sanitize the cabin air ventilation system, using commercial grade steam cleaning equipment (as opposed to a simple vent spray). This helps to ensure the removal of harmful mould, bacteria and mildew that can build up in the vent and evaporator cavities.
Need Parts ?
We can provide!